Let’s see if you know any of these:
1. Your tongue has it’s own exclusive tongue print, similar to the distinctiveness of your fingerprint.
NOTE: When the doctor asks you to stick out your tongue, it isn’t only to stick the tongue suppressor in their, it is part of his examination of the state of your health. Want to know what your tongue is saying about your health?
2. Did you know that a baby has more bones than an adult? Yep, it’s true! During our growth, some of the bones fuse together. While we are born with 350 bones, when we are an adult, we only have 206. An adult human head is approximately 1/8 of our total length, while an infants is ¼ of its total length, at birth.
3. If our blood vessels were laid end to end they would extend $60,000 miles, and the heart pumps approximately 2000 gallons of blood through them everyday. Wow, now that’s a lot of miles. Think about that on your next vacation.
4. What smells around here? Your nose is capable of remembering 50,000 different scents.
5. I found what smells…A pair of human feet can sweat over a pint of day, with it’s 500,000 sweat glands.
6. Are you aware that you shed approximately 600,000 particles of your skin about every hour, approximately 1.5 pounds a year, and that for every inch of skin on your body, there are around 32 million bacteria? Don’t panic, most of them are good.
7. Did you know that in your lifetime, that most people will generate approximately 25,000 quarts of saliva?
8. They say that by the age of 60, that 40% of women and 60% of men will snore, and that although the average snore will reach 60 decibels, about the same as normal speech, but it can reach up to 80 decibels, which in just 5 decibels below what is considered harmful to our ears.
9. The air produced by a human sneeze is capable of traveling 100 miles per hour, plus. “Well blow me down”!
10. While the average of hair follicles on a human head is 100,000, and each one has the ability to produce 20 individual hairs during your lifetime, however, all hair colors are not created equal.
- Blondes average 146,000
- Black average 110,000
- Brown average 100,000
- Redheads average 86,000
12. Nails grow approximately 1/10 of an inch a month; your fingernails grow faster than toenails; they grow faster on your longest fingers, and faster on the hand you write with.
13. Because the acid in your stomach that digests food would digest your stomach also, you get a new stomach lining about every 3 or 4 days.
14. Is small intestine is around 18 to 23 feet long. Gees, between your small intestines and blood vessels…
Reference: How Stuff Works